Protecting your privacy and your personal data is an important aspect of the way we create, organise and implement our activities on-line and off-line. Once you choose to provide us with any information by which you can be identified, then it will only be used in accordance with this policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE MAY USE IT
We collect data when you visit or interact with us online, through social media, at an event, or when you contact our customer service team through any channel.
The types of information we collect and why we need it are as follows:
|Name, email and address details shared with us online or over the phone||To deliver your orders; To send you service information relating to your orders; At your request, to let you know when an item is back in stock; To send you marketing emails (only if you’ve opted-in); To send you marketing information by post; For fraud prevention|
|Payment details||To take payment and give refunds where necessary. We do not store payment card details; For fraud prevention|
|Your purchase history, your web browsing history and information gathered through cookies||To fulfil your orders, provide customer service and handle returns; So we may learn from what you like; To send you personalised marketing emails (only if you’ve opted-in); To deliver you adverts elsewhere online, for example Facebook, Google Display Network.|
|Your contact history with us online, by telephone, or through social media. For example when you phone with an order enquiry.||To provide you with customer service and support|
|Your device IP address||To set your default options such as currency and language; To protect our website from fraud or malicious software|
|The type of device you are using to access our website||To improve your shopping experience by displaying our website in the best way for your device|
|Information from publicly available sources. For example to confirm your postal address from your postcode||To improve our understanding of our customers better|
|Info you have given to a third party with permission to share with us about you (such as a carer, occupational therapist, or supplier)||To help us serve you better|
|Survey responses||To help us better understand our customers’ needs and preferences|
We use most of the above data for our own internal analysis to help us better understand our customers, and how our customers use our website. We do this to offer you a better service and shopping experience.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We will never sell, distribute or lease your data to any third party other than those companies we work with in the normal course of running our business to fulfil your orders and provide you with a rich personal service and shopping experience.
When we share data we only share the minimum possible for them to perform their services. We share limited personal information with:
- Royal Mail & FedEx – our delivery companies
- SagePay – our payment service provider
- Facebook and Google for targeted marketing whilst browsing the internet
- Our dropship suppliers who will deliver your orders directly to your door
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
If you opt-in to receive marketing emails from us, we’ll send you a emails every few weeks keeping you up-to-date with our latest news, products and offers.
You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us at any time by:
- Clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails
- Contacting our customer service team
If you choose not to receive marketing emails you will still receive important order, delivery information and product safety details by email.
Like many other online retailers, we use a range of digital advertising networks and technologies to send our customers targeted adverts on other websites. The adverts you see will be based on information that we hold about you, and might include:
- Your purchase history
- Products you have viewed
Cookies are in general edible and yummy, but in this case they are small text files which are created by your web browser when you visit a website. Every time you revisit the same website, your browser retrieves and sends the cookie to the website’s server. Most websites rely on cookies for delivering the best visitor experience and there use ranges from analysing visitor behaviour (known as ‘analytics’), personalising pages, remembering visitor preferences, managing online shopping carts, tracking people across websites and delivering targeted advertising.
- Keeping your chosen products in your basket
- Sending you email reminders about products you’ve viewed or left behind (only if you’ve opted-in to receive email marketing from us)
- Analysing web page traffic to make sure that you and other customers can find what you’re looking for easily
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
RETAINING YOUR INFORMATION
We will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary and solely for the purpose for which it was collected. For example we will keep personal data relating to orders for a minimum of 6 years to comply with our legal, contractual and warranty obligations.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from: unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. All our employees who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors’ personal data.
When it comes to your personal information, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about how we use your information
- The right to access any information we hold about you
- The right to correct any inaccurate information that we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete information that we hold about you
- The right to access your information in such a way so that it can easily be transferred from environment to another in a safe and secure way
- The right to object to, and opt-out of our email marketing at any time
- We try to ensure that our services are made easy for you to exercise any of these rights, at any time.
- If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights, please contact us.
COUNTRIES OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
To fulfil international orders, some data will be passed on to companies within our delivery network who operate outside of the European Economic Area. As with all of our data transfer, this is carried out in a secure way and only the information needed to fulfil your order (e.g. name, contact details, postal address) will be provided.
If you have any questions about any changes we make, you are entitled to invoke any of your rights as set out above. We also encourage you to contact us.
HOW TO CONTACT US
We welcome all feedback, good or bad. If you:
- Have any questions about how we collect and use your information
- Would like a copy of the information we hold about you
- Would like to update or remove any of the information we hold for you
- Would like to exercise any of your rights explained above
- You can either phone us on 01722 410 387, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACTING THE REGULATOR
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113.
Or go online to http://www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.